Monday, June 2, 2014

-Sophia-

A few weeks ago I was luckily enough to be asked to take some photos of a coworkers daughter Sophia for her senior photos and I love how they came out. Luckily I only heard great things from her and her mom about the photos as well. I would take her photos any time, she made it so easy!
 We had such a blast and headed over the the beach since it was such a beautiful day out.


 Like most people at the beginning of a shoot Sophia was super nervous and was unsure what to do.
  My best advice? Ignore the photographer ( or at least ignore the fact that I'm holding a camera while I'm taking your photo).

 The more you get your client talking the more they relax and forget that they are suppose to be "looking pretty for the camera"
Quick wardrobe change and off for more photos, this time in the woods.

Such a free spirit and absolutely breath taking.

 Most girls would freak out when asked to climb a tree, Sophia jumped right up there.
I'm so thankful I had the opportunity to take photos of Sophia. She was such a sweetheart and of course an absolute beauty. I can't wait for the next senior shoot I get to do, or any future shoots for this fun family.



2 comments:

  1. Shannon - let me be honest with you. Usually when I hear about someone else starting up a photography business I always think ohhhhh here comes another one with a nice camera thinking she's a photographer since there are just so many these days. And then I see the pictures and think yep, she definitely should have spent more time practicing before declaring herself a photographer. BUT, these are so great! I think the composure is great and the lighting is great and I am so pleasantly surprised! Good luck with your business! I think you're gonna do great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lacey! I'm not ready for a "full business" yet by any means, but love the words of encouragement since I'm taking a big leap and starting to really put myself out there.. I still have a long way to go with where I want to be with my photography but its nice to hear some positive feedback. Thanks again!!

      Delete

Feel free to let me know what you think.