Thursday, May 29, 2014

Something to Smile About

I'm Shannon. Navy wife, mom, oncology nurse and aspiring photographer. My life is pretty hectic but I tend to like it that way and thrive on the chaos.  Growing up I've always loved the arts and have never been one to turn away from a camera. My mom says I'm vain, but I just think of it as an exuding confidence ( maybe a little too much, but don't tell her that)

  In early 2011 my husband and I found out I was pregnant with our son Ethan and he bought me my first camera. We didn't know then what a passion this would become but over the years I've been working on my talent and have taught myself so much. Like many other aspiring photographers started off with taking photos of my family and then was asked by friends to take photos for them since then my photography has blossomed. I never thought much of it because this is something I did for fun. It is relaxing and allows me to lose myself. But my friends and family noticed a talent in me that I didn't realize was there before and have been my inspiration to push forward and see if this is something I can really do. I'm no where near ready to open my own "photography business" but I'm definitely ready to start showing my photos and see where it leads. Maybe one day even to my own business.






 Other then photography I'm a nurse at a local children's hospital helping children fight cancer. I love my job and don't think I'll ever be able to give it up. Something about seeing the way kids light up in the face of adversity is humbling and makes me thankful for each day I've been given. I also get to play mom to 2 amazing kids- my son Ethan who is 2 and the definition of a redheaded firecracker, and my stepdaughter Aubrey who although she doesn't get to live with us she makes us proud every day and is the most amazing girl I know .







That is really me in a nutshell. If you want to know more about my every day life head over to This Crazy Beautiful Life, and stay tuned here for more of all things photography. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think.